Backfilling means using other job sources like ZipRecruiter to pre-populate your own job board. These backfill options allow you to earn revenue if people click on those jobs from your site.
This will fill your job board with relevant jobs from ZipRecruiter. This is a great tactic when you are just getting your job board off the ground and do not have any listings.
- Click Backfill in your JobBoard.io admin sidebar
- Click 'Create New Backfill'
- Select 'ZipRecruiter' from the 'Backfill Method Options'
- Complete the form to match your search criteria (see search options below) and location.
Once you've subscribed to one of our plans, you can enter your own ZipRecruiter API Key and earn revenue from clicks on the job listing link.
- To start, create your ZipRecruiter publisher account using this sign-up link.
- Once the 3-step process is complete, you can sign-in and access your account.
- Under website on the home-page, click the “Actions” dropdown and select “Add Placement”
- On the placement selection page, click “Get API Access”
- On the following page, click “Create and Edit” (located towards the bottom of the page).
- A modal with more information appears, including a Technical API doc. Read the information and then select “Get API Key”
- This is your unique API Key that can be added to your JobBoard.io Admin panel.
- In your JobBoard.io Panel, select ‘Backfill Jobs’ from the left-hand side
- Click “Edit” to add your API key
The ZipRecruiter API backfill supports "AND" and "NOT" operators. You will not be able to search for two separate keywords using the “OR” operator.
If you pass “Sales” “Medical” it is taken as an AND relationship and returns the most relevant jobs with both Sales AND Medical.
If you pass "Sales Medical" with the entire phrase in quotations, it looks for an exact match to the phrase ‘sales medical’.
If you pass Sales Medical without use of quotations, it is taken as a soft AND relationship. Soft AND means that results with all words in the query are preferred, but depending on the query, missing words are sometimes allowed (in particular, queries with 4+ words).
If you pass “Sales” -Medical it is taken as a NOT relationship and return jobs that include Sales but NOT Medical. Please note that if you pass "Sales -Medical" in quotations, it looks for an exact match to the phrase ‘sales -medical’.