If you're coming from another system, JobBoard.io makes it easy to bring over your existing employer data with CSV imports.
The CSV should be setup with the following columns:
|The employers email address
|The employers first name
|The employers last name
|The employers company name
|The employers website
|The employers street address
|The employers city/state/country (any or all of those three)
|The employers phone
|Blurb of text about the employer
|Path to the employer logo - this must be an online path - for example http://jobboard.io/logo.jog
With your file ready to go, importing will be easy.
- Navigate to the Employers section of your admin panel.
- Open the More dropdown, and select Import Employers.
- Under Import Employers, click the Choose File button. Locate and select your file from your computer's directory.
- Click Import Employers.
That's it! You'll receive an e-mail confirmation when your import is completed.
This error indicates that the importer was not able to detect a required field for one or more rows. The error in the e-mail will specify the field name. You'll want to check a few things to resolve this error.
- Be sure the listed column was included in your file. If you find it was missed, go ahead and add the information.
- Check the column header. Be sure you've matched our formatting and spelling as listed above. Avoid extra spaces, punctuation, etc.
- Be sure that the listed rows have this value populated. Add anything that's missing.
If everything in the file looks correct, there may be an issue with the way that the file was encoded. Please follow the UTF-8 steps below to resolve.
There are a variety of encoding processes that various applications will use when saving your CSV file. Unfortunately, not all of these will be compatible with our importer. The most consistent method we've found for generating a compatible CSV file is using Google Sheets. You will need a Gmail account to use sheets. If you don't already have one, be sure to Sign Up.
- Create a new Sheet.
- Copy the information from your existing CSV, and paste it into your Google Sheet. Alternatively, you can import the file via File -> Import.
- Check the file for accuracy to be sure the data transferred successfully.
- At the top of the page you'll see the text Untitled spreadsheet. Click this text, and set a name for the file. Be sure to set a name that will be easy to differentiate from your original file.
- Open the File menu.
- Choose Download -> Comma-separated values (.csv, current sheet).
That's all it takes! You can now go back and import the newly generated file into JobBoard.io.
Updated over 3 years ago