What is a job board without its job listings? Although most employers will use the self serve form, some will want you to post on their behalf.
We'll show you how to add a job post, how applicants can apply and how you can view the applicants.
Imagine you've just received an important phone call. Dunder Mifflin wants to list a job on your website and they want you to post it straightaway!
- Navigate to the Home section of your Admin Panel.
- Click the More Dropdown in the top right.
- Select Add Job.
- Complete the details, selecting from the available options.
- Required Fields are Job Title, Job Location, Job Type, Description, Company Name, How to Apply, and Contact Email.
- For the How to Apply field, be sure that the employer has given you an e-mail address where they can receive applications, or a URL where applicants can go to apply for the job. If you'll be collecting applications for the employer (or you're just setting up a test job post), you can put your own e-mail address.
- The more information you can include the better. Job seekers are drawn to posts that list additional information, like Compensation, so be as detailed as you can!
- Click Save. This will put the post as a Draft, so you can review and finalize the job details.
- When you're satisfied that the posting is ready, click Publish. The post is now live on your site!
Congratulations, you’ve posted your first job!
Imagine you’ve just spotted an excellent opportunity with Dunder Mifflin on a job board. Applying is simple!
- Find the job on your website. If it's the most recently created job it will either be at the top of the list, or just below any Featured Jobs.
- Click Apply to this Job.
- If the job was Apply by URL, you'll be redirected to the URL entered to complete the application. Skip to See Applicants.
- If the job is Apply by Email, you'll see a pop up where you can enter your Email, Name, Resume, and Cover Letter. Name and Email address will always be required, but the other fields will be dependent on your board settings.
- When the form is complete, press Submit Application.
As the site admin, you'll have access see all applicant activity for each job on the site.
- Return to the admin panel of your job board. Navigate to the Home section.
- Locate your job listing. If the job has at least one apply, your Applies count will be a clickable hyperlink. Click this link to see a list of Applies.
Apply by URL
For jobs using this option, the Apply count is representative of Apply clicks on your site. This does not necessarily represent the number of job seekers from your site that ultimately completed the job application. Since these applies are hosted on a third party site, your job board won't have detailed information for the job applications.
Updated 5 months ago