Required for LinkedIn Signups
As of February 18th, 2019, registering your site with LinkedIn will be REQUIRED for LinkedIn sign on with JobBoard.io.
To make sign-ups on your site quick and easy, you have the option to integrate your registration process with LinkedIn. This will give new users to your site the option to register and login using their LinkedIn profile. The first time they do so, they'll be taken to a page from LinkedIn to verify that they'd like to share their information with your site. Once they allow access, a profile will automatically be created. When they visit your site in the future, they can login without a need to reauthorize access.
- Start by logging into the LinkedIn Developers page here.
- Once logged in, click the link in the top left for "Create Application".
- Fill out all required fields on the form, agree to the terms, and click Create App.
- Open the "Auth" tab
- Make a note of your Client ID and Client Secret. We'll be using these values later
- Add your redirect URL. Your redirect URL will simply be your site URL with /auth/linkedin/callback attached to the end. This will look something like: https://www.mysite.com/auth/linkedin/callback
- Your page should look something like this (ID will not be blurred):
Before you can use your new LinkedIn app to authenticate user's, LinkedIn must approve your account. To request access:
- Choose on the Products tab in your LinkedIn account.
- Click Select on the Sign in with LinkedIn product.
- Your use of this product will enter a "Review In Progress" status. LinkedIn will contact you via e-mail when your request has been approved.
If for any reason your request is denied, please contact LinkedIn for further assistance.
Now that you have your site setup with LinkedIn, you'll need to map your LinkedIn information to your JobBoard.io site.
- In your admin panel, navigate to Site Config -> Integrations.
- Locate the integration for LinkedIn.
- Place the Client ID from LinkedIn in the Client ID field.
- Place the Client Secret from LinkedIn in the Client Secret field.
- Check the boxes to make this active for Profiles, Employers, or both.
- Scroll down and click Save.
The LinkedIn sign-up will now be active for Profiles and/or Employers based on the options you selected!
The most common issue seen with LinkedIn Authentication is the following error:
This indicates that the URL entered in Step 6 above does not match the URL that the user has been redirected from. Ensure that this value matches your JobBoard.io site to resolve the issue.
You may also run into a generic error message from our system that appears as follows:
This most likely means that your app has not been granted the appropriate permissions by LinkedIn. To check:
- Look back at the Auth tab in your LinkedIn account.
- Scroll down, and look for the section labeled OAuth 2.0 scopes.
- Check to see that the r_liteprofile permission is listed as shown in the screenshot below.
If this permission is not listed, double check that you've added to appropriate product to your app as detailed in the instructions above. If it is listed, please contact our support team for further assistance.
Updated 10 months ago