With an ever-increasing focus on Data Privacy, it's important that you have agreements in place on your website to set expectations for your users and to protect you in the event of user complaints. With JobBoard.io, it's easy to publish agreements for your site and obtain consent for those agreements when a user takes action on your site. Unfortunately, we won't be able to provide you with advice about what should be included in your agreements. You should always consult with qualified legal counsel if you are unsure of what should be placed in your agreements. In this article, we'll get you up and running with some knowledge of how to manage your agreements in the Privacy Center found in your Admin Panel.
When you first access the Privacy Center, you'll see two fields at the top of the page, Data Protection Officer Email and Reconsent Placement.
Your data protection officer will be sent notifications for events on your board, like requests for deletions and data exports. If no e-mail is provided, we'll send these notifications to your support address.
Reconsent occurs when there are changes to your agreements, and users are required to agree to the updated terms. To require a re-consent only when a user is logged into an account, set the Reconsent Placement to Logged in pages. If you'd like the re-consent to occur on all pages, set this to All pages.
Click Update to save any changes to these values.
You'll also see a link that reads, 'Click here for information on how our platform collects end user data." You should familiarize yourself with this information before establishing your agreements. Please keep in mind that this information is intended as a resource rather than a template for your agreements.
We allow for a few different types of agreements to be created in the Privacy Center:
- Explicit Consent: Explicit consents will present with a checkbox, meaning the user must check the box to consent.
- Implicit Consent: Implicit consents do not require a box to be checked. As an example, a form may read, "By clicking Create my Profile, you agree to the Terms and Conditions."
Custom Agreement: Custom agreements support both text and HTML. A separate page will be created for the agreement which you can present to your users. Custom Agreements will always be shown on forms with a checkbox (Explicit Consent), however, you will have the option to decide whether consent to the agreement is required.
Simple Consent: Simple Consents allow you to create a one-line consent to present to your users. No separate page is created. Simple Consent will always be shown on forms with a checkbox (Explicit Consent), however, you will have the option to decide whether consent to the agreement is required.
Now that we know the types of agreements we can set up, let's create our first one!
- Click Create New Agreement in the Privacy Center.
- Select your Agreement Type.
- Add an Agreement Name. This name will be presented to User's when they consent to the agreement.
- Place the content of your agreement in the Support Text field.
- By default, we'll display a consent for the agreement on the following forms: Profile Registration, Employer Registration, Job Apply Form, and the Job Alert Sign Up. If there are any forms you don't wish to display a consent on, simply click the corresponding Remove button.
- Make adjustments to the Explicit Consent/Required settings as needed. Unchecking Explicit Consent will result in an Implicit consent on the forms.
- Click Save.
Your agreement is now ready! Revisit the Privacy Center to add more agreements or adjust existing agreements as needed.
Updated over 1 year ago