A key part of building an excellent job board is to have a clear brand. JobBoard.io provides both simple and advanced branding options for more extensively branding your job board. Simple changes are done via the site config or drag-and-drop editor to change the header, theme, text and name of your job board.
You can simply change your job board name as it appears to your visitors, add your own logo to the header, and change the default colors. These changes work on both computers and mobile devices automatically.
Start by pressing 'Site Config' on the left-hand navigation bar.
In the 'Main' section of the site config you can change your site name, add a description, logo and many other details. To make the job board your own, change:
Custom Domain and Other Options
Don't change these for now. We'll cover this in Lesson 6: Advanced.
Click the Themes & Customization tab under Site Config, then click Edit Homepage Layout.
With a simple drag & drop you can customize your job board. By re-ordering, editing or adding new widgets, you can customize your JobBoard.io homepage to match your brand and vision.
The following widgets are available:
- Backfill Widget - Display your selected backfill jobs
- Blog Widget - Show links to your latest blog posts
- Button Widget - Add a custom button, pointing to a page or custom web address
- Category List Widget - Display a list of categories
- Employer Widget - Let job seekers know who some of your top employers are
- Job Alert Widget - Display the job alert sign-up form
- Job List Widget - Display your job posts, or just featured jobs
- Map Widget - Display a map view of your latest postings
- Search/Banner Widget - Display the search form and express your brand identify with a customizable background, title and subtitle.
- Text Widget - Display custom text or HTML code in the sidebar, main column or across the full-width of your job board
Each of these widgets can be duplicated and placed in a full-width column, main column or sidebar.
To add a widget, click 'Add Widget'. To modify, click the 'Edit' button on the widget.
There are a few options available that will apply different color themes and a slight variation in fonts. You can get an idea of what those themes look like here. Our best recommendation for picking a theme you like is to have one window or tab open to your admin panel, and another open to your job board home page. Change the theme in the admin panel, click save, then go to your job board and refresh the page. Repeat until you find your favorite!
You may also modify the appearance of the navigation bar and add additional items.
To pick a look for your navigation bar, click Site Config, then "Site Header". The following options are available:
- Default Slim: Your logo is displayed to the left of the menu
- Centered Logo: Your logo is displayed above a center aligned navigation
- Logo Navigation Stacked: Your logo is displayed above the navigation
- Logo Navigation Adjacent: Your logo is displayed adjacent of the menu
Again, the best thing to do is make a selection and save, then refresh your job board to see the end result.
Navigation items are links that appear at the top of the page to direct users to different areas of your job board. The default Navigation items are as follows:
- All Jobs: Also the home page for your site
- Post a Job: Takes Employers to the form to purchase job postings
- Employers: Shows a Directory of employers that have created profiles
- Browse Profiles: Shows a Directory of job seekers that have created profiles
- Jobs Map: Shows the location of each job posted
- About: Tell visitors about yourself! Can be edited in the admin panel via Pages/Blog
- Contact: Let people know how they can contact you! Can be edited in the admin panel via Pages/Blog
To add a new Nav item:
- On the admin page, click 'Site Config' in the left-hand sidebar
- Select the 'Themes & Customization' Tab.
- 'Choose Edit Navigation Menu'
- Click 'Create New Nav Item'
- Create a Nav Item for every link you wish to appear in the navigation bar, selecting from the JobBoard.io System Pages, your Custom Pages or create a custom link to an external URL.
- You can drag and drop the rows to reorder your navigation items
- These links will replace all the default links and appear on your job board immediately.
To Delete or Edit a Nav item, simply click the corresponding button on the Navigation Menu page.
Updated 3 months ago
Once you've got your branding perfect, click the button below to head to the next lesson. We'll be covering adding jobs to your new job board and managing applicants - essential to running a successful job board.
|Lesson 3: Jobs & Applicants|